From Edge Threat Management Wiki - AristaJump to navigationJump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Upgrade allows the server to upgrade and contains upgrade-related settings
When will I get the upgrade version?
- Upgrades are rolled out over time to NG Firewall deployments. The rollout can stretch out several weeks. If you want the upgrade immediately, email your UID to the Support team and request they add your UID to the Early Upgrade list.
How do I know when the new version is available for my NG Firewall?
- In the Upgrade page of your NG Firewall, when a new version is available, the Upgrade button will appear. If automatic upgrade setting is enabled, your NG Firewall will upgrade automatically once the upgrade is available on day and time specified.
Does the upgrade require a reboot?
- If a reboot is needed, the upgrade will reboot automatically once the upgrade is installed. There is no need for a manual reboot. Most upgrades will not reboot as there is no kernel change.
How long does the upgrade take?
- It's difficult to be precise since customer platforms, Internet connection speed and complexity of the upgrade vary. Generally upgrades take less than 20 mins. If the database version is changed as part of the NG Firewall upgrade, the process will take longer as the database will need to be converted. There are extreme cases of the upgrade taking over an hour.
Do I need to reinstall?
- No, upgrade process will update all the components on the NG Firewall seamlessly.
Where can I get what is changed in the new version?
- Release changes are posted on the NG_Firewall_Changelogs page.